PCDC is a nonprofit educational organization whose primary purpose is to promote the knowledge and encourage the practice of traditional country dance and music through activities and programs open to the general public.
The PCDC Grant Fund was created to increase the knowledge and skill of our community of dancers and musicians by helping members attend dance and music camps and workshops. It is funded primarily by the proceeds from the annual Megaband dance, held on the second Saturday in March.
- Applicants must have been a PCDC member for at least six months prior to the application.
- Members can apply for a grant annually.
- Members can apply for a grant up to 60 days after an event.
- As the purpose of the grant is to increase knowledge and skill levels, applicants are asked to include a written statement on how their attendance at a particular event will enrich and/or increase their contribution to the community. (Grants are not need-based).
Maximum Grant Amounts:
- Up to $75 for weekend events.
- Up to $100 for “long weekend” (four day/three night) dance camps.
- Up to $150 grants for workshops or camps that are five days or longer.
- A grant will not exceed the cost of any event. (e.g., if a workshop costs $35, your grant will be $35).
If you have a different or special grant request that doesn’t fit in one of the above categories, go ahead and submit a request anyway and give us the details in the Event name and Final comments section of the grant form.
We encourage all PCDC members to apply! Please fill out the form below, or print the pdf and mail your completed application form to:
Portland Country Dance Community (PCDC)
PO Box 2189
Portland, OR 97208-2189
Allow at least two weeks for a response from PCDC regarding your application.